Thursday, October 25, 2012

Someone is Taking (Stealing?) my Campaign Signs

Wednesday, Oct. 31 Update I really dislike updating this section of my Blog,  but my signs keep disappearing. This morning on the way into my part time job at Holiday Gas Station I passed three of my signs. When I left this afternoon all three of the signs had been taken. This means that more than  half of all the signs I've put out have been stolen. That is a very sad state of affairs. 


Saturday, Oct. 27 Update  Three more of my signs have been taken and these were in spots where I had  just replaced other stolen ones.  This means that nearly 1/2 of the signs I purchased have vanished. That's not a very good statistic!
 
Update: In looking further around the city I found that four more of my signs were missing. Please stop taking my signs!
 
It is truly disheartening to check on some of my camapign signs and find that all but one of those I checked were gone.  Not just blown over, no, someone is maliciously taking my signs. 

Thus far in the campaign
nearly 20 of the: Vote - Pat Brink -  Otsego City Council signs have vanished. Seven of them  I discovered missing just this afternoon.

I have no idea who is taking my signs or why they are being taken.  However, I am asking that whoever you are that you please stop taking my signs. If you have the signs, dump them in my front yard (the address is on each sign!)

Otsego residents will have five names to choose from for two positions on the city council.  I made the decision to run for the council and I purchased the campaign signs (which were not cheap.)  I put the signs up so that people would recognize my name when they were voting on November 6. A big part of my campaign includes increasing name awareness, that's why I bought and placed the signs.

Please, stop taking my signs.


No comments:

Post a Comment